Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June 1st

Well everybody, welcome to June.

Despite the heat, I've always loved the month of June. There are two main reasons for this. One is that my birthday is in June. The other is that June is the beginning of the summer. In June, a whole year of school is behind me, and the summer stretches out before me, full of possibilities of ice cream and swimming and books. This year, I'm even more excited for this particular month because it is in the month of June that we leave for the UK. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of surprised that June is here. I've had a long process of preparing for this trip; I've been thinking about it since November. And in November it felt like June was just a story I was telling myself, not something that would actually happen.

But here we are.
Happy June 1st, everybody.

3 comments: